Depending on where you live, you can face seasonal weather and the threat of other natural disasters from tornadoes to storms, floods to strong winds. And because many of these natural disasters can happen at that moment, getting ready to protected your car from a storm now, before it hit, is the best approach.
How can Root customer prepare for a storm?
Storms can strike very quickly, and if you are not ready now, you might have a hard time knowing what to do right now.
Want to know what to do before a storm? Here are 6 preparation and safety tips you can do for yourself and your car now.
- Take a photo of your vehicle now. Most people don't take pictures before their vehicle, but this is an important step to make the process of claiming your car insurance easier. Providing your claim adjusters before and after the image helps ensure your claim is processed smoothly, quickly, and accurately.
- Find protection for your car. As you can imagine, avoiding storm damage to your car is as easy as seeking protection. If you don't have the garage or another shelter available in your home, look for previous places near your home and workplaces where you can potentially store your car, even if it's only for a few hours.
- Buy a hail blanket.Sounds silly, but it is real. Some retailers sell hail blankets or sturdy car tents to protect your car - even some like the hood and roof - from storm damage. You can even find instructions online for making your hail blanket. The biggest challenge from hail damage is that it affects the entire region. So workshops and workshops are supported for months with hundreds of cars that need to be repaired. Whatever you can do to avoid it will first save a lot of trouble.
- Check your coverage and deduction. Most insurance providers, including Root, do not allow changes to be deducted immediately before, during, or after a natural disaster. So it's important to check your cover every month, quarterly, or, at least annually. The worst time to check your range is when a storm hits. Instead, check beforehand to make sure you have Collision and Comprehensive protection - and that you feel comfortable with a deductible. Without comprehensive coverage, you will be stuck paying for repairs from damage from your storm. (Learn more about how to choose Collision and Comprehensive.)
- Car body shop coverage. Familiarize yourself with the car body and repair shop in your area. If a car repair shop seems comfortable to you, prepare it when you report a claim. The claim process can run faster if you already have a body shop because we can spend less time looking for stores near you with openings.
- Familiarize yourself with the Root application. During natural disasters, car shops are usually inundated with phone calls. With Root, making a claim is easy. Open the application, select or explain what happened, and press send. You can submit claims, send pictures of your vehicle damaged by a storm, and get confirmation that your claim was submitted - all in the Root application. It only takes 5 minutes. We lead the industry in the cellular claim process, and we continue to add new features to the application to continuously improve the ease and speed of claims.